PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Last Revision: November 17, 2007
As a Visitor you may browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, once you register as a Member and you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- information submitted on pet profiles;
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through the Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, and ad data: other information, including IP address and standard web log information; and
- supplemental information from third parties. (For example, if you incur a debt to Petentials, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law. As another example, if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information (such as your driver license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address), or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
You post User Content on the Website at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Also, you understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
Petentials will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference on your User Preferences page on your My Petentials. *This feature may not be available during Beta.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. By registering as a Member and by using this website you agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service and Use Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the Website's content and layout;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
5. OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Petentials may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that contents violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
Petentials may also share your personal information with:
- members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations, i.e., fraud investigations, bill collection, etc.;
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service;
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (In such events we will disclose name, city, state, telephone number, email address, Member use history, and fraud complaints.); and
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
6. USING INFORMATION FROM PETENTIALS
Our Website enables you to share personal information with other Members and possibly financial information to complete other transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of others before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other Members' contact, shipping and financial information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them. If you chose to disclose personal information to third parties or other Members Petentials, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees shall not be held liable for any losses, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees.
7. NO SPAM, SPYWARE OR SPOOFING
Petentials and our Members do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Petentials notification preferences so we communicate to you, as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Petentials Members to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms of Service and Use Agreement. We do filter and automatically scan messages before they are sent for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content but do not permanently store email messages sent through these tools.
8. ACCOUNT PROTECTION
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your Petentials password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Petentials and change your password.
9. ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a Member you can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Petentials Terms of Service and Use Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
As a Member your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. Further, Petentials shall not be held liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of unlawfully intercepted or accessed transmissions or private communications, and other use or abuse of your personal information by third parties.
11. THIRD PARTIES
We may offer products or provide services jointly with other companies, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your efforts to purchase these products or services.
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. Advertisements that appear on Petentials are sometimes served directly to users by third party advertisers. These advertisers automatically receive your IP address and may also use technologies (such as cookies) to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. They may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. Otherwise, unless you share it with them, third party advertisers have no access to your contact information stored on Petentials.
12. HUMANS UNDER 18
We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 17.999 use Petentials' Services only under parental guidance. Petentials does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for Petentials or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No human under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on Petentials. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible.